In countries such as Mexico, the moms love preparing the food for their children, because they consider it to be the healthiest food choice, and they also would not like their children to consume canned foods. Unfortunately, things don’t always go as planned, and this is all confirmed by a recent tragic experience by a Mexican mother.
Josefina, who was a mother of two, she woke up pretty early one day and decided to go to the market to get some food for her and her family.
She decided to prepare a very healthy breakfast for her children. Her little children, Agustin (8) and Maria (6) did not want to eat any junk food at school.
This is why Josefina decided to prepare egg and ham tortillas with fresh orange juice and the breakfast would be ready to be served.
When the children woke up, she sent them to the bathroom for a bath, because she was following the strict rules of her grandmother, who always said that no one should sit on the table and eat food without previously washing their hands.
While Josefina as preparing the table her daughter came up to her and told her that her big brother did not want to get out of the bathroom.
She asked for him, he went out of the bathroom, sat on the table, and then the daughter went in to wash herself. At the exact same time, Josefina got a text from her husband, but she took some time to reply to it while her daughter was in the bathroom. When she texted her husband back, Josefina called for Maria again, to get out of the bathroom.
While she was preparing the table, Josefina got several messages from her husband, and she succeeded in replying to all of them.
They ate very well and she dropped them off in school by 7.45. Josefina got home, and all was well, but after only two hours she received some shocking news!
She got a text message saying that both of her children are on their way to the hospital. She immediately started to panic! She froze!
She did not know what happened to them! Josefina could swear on her life that everything was good just a couple of hours ago. She called her husband and they both together rushed to the hospital.
When they got there, the doctors told them that there is nothing they can do – there is a bacteria inside the bodies of their children called salmonella which is out of their control and working its way in every part of their bodies. This is a type of bacteria which is present in many foods, and is now present in the bodies of their children and is destroying their organs!
Josefina was shocked! She could not believe what was happening. She could not believe that her children were suddenly so sick. She fainted and needed to be sedated immediately, and all the while, her husband was praying to God for his family to survive.
After the tests the doctors conducted, it was obvious that the bacteria was present in the food which Josefina prepared for her children for breakfast.
After talking to the doctors, Josefina revealed that she was touching her phone while preparing the food, which was probably the cause of the bacteria being transferred to the food.
The phones we use are filled with all kinds of bacteria, which could end up in the food we consume, leading to catastrophic consequences!
This is something that broke Josefina’s soul – no parent should ever see their children suffer, and even less, be the cause of that suffering. She sat right next to their beds, begging for forgiveness and for all to be well again.
At that same moment, Maria’s hand opened up and Josefina heard the flat line sound that was coming from the machine.
Within only minutes after Maria, Agustin died as well. Josefina was reaching out for her children, all in tears, shouting, but they were already gone.
The doctors did everything that was in their power, but unfortunately, it was not enough to save these little children.
Nowadays, Josefina is using her experience to help other people – you should never touch your phone while preparing the food you’re about to eat. This can lead to all sorts of infections, have fatal consequences and she is urging others not to live through the same thing as she did.